Many changes are afoot now that the summer has passed us by and the Fall semester is in full swing! The most recent news…
- New Research Guides! Our librarians are very happy to announce that we have revamped our research guides, which are now looking quite spiffy (click the link above or go to guides.dc.edu). Use these subject and/or course guides to help you get started with your research in various disciplines! Use the new A-Z Database List to find your favorite database.
- New Coffee Machine! That’s right, folks. We bought a Keurig, which now lives in the new Library Lounge near the Periodicals Room in the Library. We are giving away the first 500 cups of coffee for free (!!), so come on over to the library before supply runs out.
- New database! Over the summer we bought access to a new (to us) database: The Cochrane Library. Particularly useful for our nursing and allied health students, the Cochrane Library “is a collection of six databases that contain different types of high-quality, independent evidence to inform healthcare decision-making, and a seventh database that provides information about Cochrane groups” (cochranelibrary.com). The Cochrane Library is also the leading database for up-to-date systematic reviews.
- New staff! Over the summer, we hired a new librarian to replace Gina Shelton (who was promoted to Head Librarian—way to go, Gina!) as the Assistant Librarian for Information Literacy Services. Ellie Horowitz will be teaching most of the undergraduate instruction classes at the library, as well as working one-on-one with students during research consultations. Need help with finding sources for your research paper? Email her at ellie [dot] horowitz [at] dc [dot] edu. We have also hired three new part-time clerks, who will be announced shortly!
Library hours have returned to their normal schedule:
- Monday-Thursday: 8am-Midnight
- Friday: 8am-7pm
- Saturday-Sunday: Noon-7pm
Learning Commons hours are as follows:
- Monday-Thursday: 10am-10pm
- Saturday: CLOSED
- Sunday: Noon-7pm
We look forward to working with you this semester!!